Our fellowship was started in 1914 under the leadership of the late Reverend Dan Davis, however the church was then known as Mt. Moriah. The church relocated several times throughout its colorful history. After moving to 19th Street in downtown St Louis, the church was renamed Nineteenth Street Baptist Church. Rev. Davis later sold this property to Hopewell Baptist Church. Some members chose to remain and join with Hopewell, while others united with other neighboring churches. A remnant few were left who maintained the name Nineteenth Street Baptist Church. This remnant worshiped with True Gospel Baptist at 2100 Biddle Street.In 1937, Reverend Daniel C. Davis was called to the pastorate by this faithful group: Mother Alice Edmonson, Sister Viola Blevins McIntyre, Brother Louis McIntyre, Brother Henry McIntyre, Sister Reola McIntyre, Deacon Jeff McMillan, Sister Hattie McMillan, Deacon Ben Sample, Mother Elizabeth Sample, Sister Laura Wilson, and Sister Anna Houston, the only surviving charter member. The church then later moved to several more locations. On the first Sunday in January of 1954 the church moved to 2407 Belle Glade Avenue and was renamed Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church. The church soon saw the need for a better building and plans were drawn for a new church. Three houses north of the church building were purchased and demolished. It is on these lots that our new building now stands at 2411 Belle Glade Ave. Reverend Davis retired from the ministry and the church elected Rev. Spencer Wilford to serve as pastor from 1983-1987. In December of 1988, the congregation elected Rev. Courtney Jones (now elevated to the office of Bishop), pastor of "The Grove".
Since then, the fellowship has enjoyed an abundance of blessings from the Lord. Bishop Jones has networked with other pastors and political leaders to address many of the issues facing our community. Bishop Jones, a visionary of God, became a voice of revitalization in this,the Greater Ville Neighborhood, rebuilding its cosmetic face. New housing and renovation began to occur in this historic area, reviving its great legacy. After some years, Bishop Jones had plans for a new edifice and God brought it to pass!
In 2002, the Pleasant Grove Missionary Baptist Church was renamed Pleasant Grove Church (The Church of Koinonia). God led Pastor Jones (at this stage of his ministry work) to the Full Gospel Baptist Church Fellowship and on Tuesday, June 26, 2007.
God's blessings continue to exceed all that we could ever ask or think as he takes the Grove into greater works - pushing the limits! We can say with assurance that the future of The Grove looks very bright.
To God be the glory for the things He has done!